Monday, December 8, 2008

Last Thoughts on Through the Looking Glass

This was also my second time reading Through the Looking Glass and I must say I think I like it a little better then the first one. There are a few things I like better. I like how there is an underlying theme throughout the story, I like the chess game thats always present and also I like how Alice takes a more independent stance. In Wonderland Alice was just a little scared girl and in this one she was independent and more determined. There was also a goal she was striving for the entire book. No matter that this book was just as chaotic there was still a method to her maddness. Unlike the other one you knew where it was headed and could follow the story a little better. The entire story she is moving forward to becoming a queen and you could track her movements.

One of my favoriet parts in the story is the fight between the Unicorn and the Lion. I just thought it was hilarious how they fight so hard for a crown that neither one of them could have. And I like how the king just laughs it off and thinks nothing of it.

No comments: