Sunday, December 7, 2008


Dreams


When I was in fourth grade my family moved from Germany and we stayed with my Grandma in North Carolina for a couple months while my dad drove up to Montana to find a house. He would call us each night before bedtime and tell us about Montana. Then one day I remember waking up and telling my mom about a dream I had.


My sisters and I were packing to go to Montana but my mom was staying behind to take care of our German Shepard Duchess. And because we didn't have a drivers licence or a car we had to find a way to drive to Montana. So we began building cars out of boxes but nothing seemed to work. Then I got the brilliant Idea of using our mattress. I don't know why that would work but it was the only thing that did. So I grabbed the mattress from my room and connected a few poles so I could pull it. Then we packed our stuff on the mattress and I started to pull it down the road and as I was pulling, the mattress began to lift of the ground. Then it started to fly.


It was great. I jumped on the mattress and started our flight to Montana. I remember having to stop and get food and then pull the mattress back into the air all the way to Montana. Then when we arrived I put the mattress back on my bed and woke up.


I remember telling my entire family about the dream and calling my dad as soon as I woke up. I think it might have been due to the fact that I was in love with the movie Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland. Now whenever we need a car or a ride somewhere someone will almost always mention my flying mattress.

No comments: