Monday, December 8, 2008

Final Thoughts on Alice

Well with this being my third time reading Alice in Wonderland I didnt expect to learn anything new or see anything differently, but after our class discussions and reading some blogs I figured I really couldn't expect not to learn anything new. I never read very deeply into much of the stories like Tweedle Dee and Dum and Humpty Dumpty. I didnt really think about any of the characters and where they came from, I thought it was interesting that the Dodo bird originated from Lewis Carroll and his stutter. And the struggle between the artist Tenniel and Carroll. I never knew that Carroll was so picky and even took out a chapter because he wasn't satisfied with his drawings called the Wasp and the Wig.

I think my favorite character in the book is Bill the Lizard. When ever I think of Bill I cant help but think of the Bill from the movie, this little green chimney sweeping lizard with an English accent who's just along for the ride. I picture him being pulled up the chimney by the Dodo bird and being shoved in to help push Alice out of the house.

The only thing that has'nt changed after reading Alice is I still really dont like it. I hated the movie as a child and I thought I would like the book better because books are always better then the film but I didnt like it any better. I guess I just dont like how chaotic it is but I cant complain because thats what the book is suppose to be like but I get way to distracted and stop reading. The one good thing about the sporadic movement of the book is that it keeps the reader guessing and you never know whats going to be coming next.

No comments: